quinta-feira, fevereiro 14

My dearest beloved Emma, the dear friend of my bosom. The signal has been made that the Enemy's Combined Fleet are coming out of Port. We have very little wind, so that I have no hopes of seeing them before tomorrow. May God of Battles crown my endeavers with success; at all events, I will take care that my name shall ever be most dear to you and Horatio, both of whom I love as much as my own life. And as my last writing before the batlle will be to you, so I hope in God that I shall live to finish my letter after the Battle. May Heaven bless you prays your, Nelson and Bronte
(Última carta de Lord Nelson a Lady Hamilton, escrita dois dias antes da Batalha de Trafalgar)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

É-me grato ler esta faceta de Horatio Nelson. Faceta que desconhecia, de um homem que aprendi a respeitar e a admirar desde os tempos idos de cadete quando cumpri o serviço militar obrigatório na marinha. Na altura fiquei-me apenas pelo irrepreensível exemplo de comando e coragem de um estratega militar superior. Perdeu a vida em Trafalgar mas a Invencível Armada passou à História nesse dia.

11:00 da tarde  
Blogger M Isabel G said...

Eu sou uma fan desta história de amor... fraquezas :)

1:37 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker